Published: Tuesday 20th of February 2018; Words Count: 1550
When it comes to writing a cover letter, content and accuracy cannot be overemphasized. Since cover letters should be short and succinct, it is important to include only the most pertinent information about yourself, and you must do so without any grammatical errors. If you’re having trouble with your document, spend some time reviewing our beauty artist cover letter example and the accompanying list of do’s and don’ts.
A beauty artist or make up artist uses their talents to help people enhance their natural beauty and look their best. The cover letter examples below are designed especially for the beauty artist who is looking for a new position. Use these cover letter examples as a guide in creating your own beautiful cover letter. Just click on any of the customizable options below, and take the next step toward your dream career!
Utilizing the best job-seeking skills will really make a difference when you apply for jobs as a Beauty Artist. Here are some tried and true strategies for employment seekers.
1. Use all the means at your disposal to network for the job you want to apply for. This means not just having a list of referencesÂit means getting involved with those in the field. Getting directly in contact with a job’s hiring manager to market yourself can make a big difference.
2. Take advantage of the resources available to learn about what jobs are out there and what kind of tasks they involve. Job Banks, Job fairs and your personal network are also great ways to keep in the loop about what’s available or what will soon be opening up.
3. Follow up on all job leads, even if you’re confident you will get the job. Just because a company tells you they’ll call you back in two weeks doesn’t mean they are obligated to do so. Take the initiative in these situations and it will let them know you are driven and motivated.
4. Market yourself in a way that makes your worth known. Think about how your skills can help your potential employer advance their agenda. You employer and their boss should see the difference your specific approach will provide their company.
5. Stay positive, even if you just lost your job or have gotten a string of rejections. This is no reason to feel ashamed or guilty, and while it may be stressful, you will continue to improve each time.
Your cover letter will provide potential employers of jobs as a Beauty Artist with their first impression of you. These tips will help you make sure it is a well-written document that effectively describes what you’re bringing to the table.
1. Don’t get too crazy about condensing your cover letter. You want to be able to give a detailed account of what you have to offer. That being said, don’t overdo it either. Generally one page for every 15 years of experience gives plenty of room.
2. Use a left-margin orientation when writing your cover letter, not justified text blocks. The spacing between words needs to be consistent in your cover letter and justified text ruins this.
3. Do not lie on your cover letter. If you have no work experience, use anything that would count, including school and volunteering. Don’t make up a job or exaggerate your qualificationsÂyou may find yourself tested upon getting the job.
4. List jobs in reverse chronological order, from top to bottom. This way as a potential employer reads your cover letter, they will get the most relevant information first.
5. Emphasize transferable skills, such as proficiencies with technology or methods, general aptitudes and bilingual language skills.