Expository Essay Topics
Consider these 50 expository essay topics and pick one that will get you an A+
When you are assigned to write an expository essay, the first thing you will need to know is how to write it. We’ve already written a series of articles on how this can be done. Check them out here:
- What is an expository essay?
- Expository essay writing: 6 steps
- Expository essay example
And here is the list of 50 popular expository essay topics you might find interesting:
Restaurant-related expository essay topics
- Fast food restaurants are using additives that harm people’s health
- Fast food restaurant use old meat in their cooking
- There is no such thing as a ‘healthy’ fast food chain
- Restaurants do not prepare their food from scratch
- Pizza chains use frozen dough instead of mixing their own one
- Taco meat is only 30% meat
- Fast food chain charge ridiculous amounts of money for every vegetable slice
- Fast food chains overcharge for all toppings
Politics-related expository essay topics
- By the time, Gen X retires, social security will be obsolete.
- Obama care does more harm than good.
- Government conceals the actual financial state of the country.
- The government does not reply to any media attacks for a reason.
- Is our national security really secure?
- Is it legal to force health insurance on the citizens?
- How reasonable is it to fine people who cannot afford to pay insurance?
- Why wouldn’t the US just stop meddling in other countries’ affairs?
- Are the taxes we pay really beneficial for the country, or do they just indicate that there’s something terribly writing with our government system?
- How can justify charging childless people with municipal school taxes?
- Why do citizens have to pay double taxes — in the cities they live in and in the cities they work in?
- How much is the government trying to cover up and why doesn’t it just inform the public about its blunders?
- Most protests are started simply to draw the media attention.
- The government cannot support its soldiers, which is a highly alarming sign.
- Law does not apply to government agencies.
Medicine-related expository essay topics
- Health insurance is obligatory, yet many people cannot afford to pay it.
- How much 10 minutes with a doctor cost?
- Why ER is so expensive, even when no tests are involved?
- Hospitals double bill a lot of items on their patient invoices.
- Should every misdiagnose be subject to a lawsuit?
- Fibromyalgia: is it really a disease?
- Is it legal to treat patients with and without medical insurance differently?
- The Oath of Hippocrates is, defacto, the Oath of Hypocrites: it does not save patients from an ill-treatment
- Companies suggest herbal supplements not to save your health, but to save their money on expensive FDA tests.
- Doctors preside certain drugs simply to boost revenues of certain pharmaceutical companies
Celebrity-related expository essay topics
- Sponsors drop Paula Deen because of her racial slur for years ago
- Justin Bieber entertains the elderly with birthdays songs. Performing in the nude.
- Why do celebrities are less acceptable for the same crimes?
- Why jurors give lesser sentences to celebrities?
- Why are celebrities offered options when it comes to punishment for their crimes?
- What led Miley Cyrus to such a severe personality change?
- The Cyrus family divorce: what is so controversial about that?
- Why did Jason Aldean really choose to leave his wife?
- Why does Lady Gaga dress as she dresses? Is it a simple media stunt or is there a deeper reason?
- How does media attention changes a person’s life? How easy it is to be a celebrity?
General knowledge expository essay topics
- Traffic laws to do not apply to police officers who enforce them
- Why are American court systems so lenient to mothers, even deadbeat ones?
- Dad custody in the US is practically unheard of, even when the mother is an obvious danger to a child.
- Social insurance is paid to people with unprovable illnesses (such as migraines) that can be fraudulent.
- The elderly lead poorer lives as compared to the last century.
- Should DIU offerers have the same civil rights as everybody else?
- Why a simple crime violation of probation leads to a more severe punishment than a first-time offense — even a way more violent and serious first-time offense?
None of these topics seem interesting enough to you? Get in touch with our team of writers, and we’ll help you choose a topic that fully matches your needs (that is, your academic level and major). Moreover, our support staff can assign you a essay writer to take care of the paper. Our writers have years of experience in the academic industry, so you can stay certain that the work you get from us will be interesting, properly formatted and written in full accord with your academic level requirements. Place your order with us and see your grades improved!