Top 100 Excellent Topics for Illustration Essay
The essence of an illustration essay
To start with, it is necessary to clarify what an illustration essay is. This kind of essay is aimed at explaining, describing and giving the reader the understanding of the main idea of event or thing described in it. The more illustrative the examples in the essay you have – the better. It is not an easy task to create such a work in the right way. If you want to succeed, the first thing you are to do is to choose the proper topic for your essay. There is the number of topics divided into categories according to their theme.
- Think of the way a coach is dealing with the football program.
- Write a baton handoff guide for a track race.
- A guide to throwing a curveball the right way.
- Write about diving, turning and swimming during the competitive swimming.
- Explain the cheer and cheerleading tumbling. Differences and similarities.
- Dwell upon the mechanism of equestrian competitions.
- Getting ready for a football game. Struggles and challenges of a football player. (You can pick any other sports of your liking)
- Write about sports as an important angle of college economy and students.
- Think about the importance of being a team.
- A list of the rules of ultimate Frisbee.
- Classic golf – traditional rules.
- Intramural sports techniques for successful students.
- Describe the main difference of rugby from other sports.
- Think about the most needful rules for an ice hockey player.
- Write about the first days in a sports team.
- Dwell upon the reasons why coaches take out the injured player. What are the main symptoms?
- Practicing and playing in a lacrosse team.
- Underestimation of a sports team. Suitable for any sports.
- The differences between an intramural sports team and a college club sports team in athletics.
- Sports and schoolwork equilibrium. Keeping everything stable.
- Write about the importance of school mascot for the students.
- Useful studying habits for a student.
- Describe halftime show preparation for a college band.
- What is a resident assistant in the dorm is to do?
- Write about “friendship zone” ultimate exit in relationships.
- The choice of a college: Important things to pay attention to while choosing a place to study.
- The technique of dropping somebody on a date. Suitable for both sexes.
- Describing the college payment for students.
- Write about college applications and the best ways to do a successful resume.
- Write about school pranking and its consequences.
- Think about retaining freshmen students in college.
- Describing the football traditions in your college.
- Sparing money as a student. The best ways to save money.
- Music practice and the ways to get it organized.
- Dorm life pros and cons. Description and explanation.
- Campus dorm life and a guide to it.
- Usage of printers within the campus.
- What it is like to be a college president and the importance of it.
- Taking an interview with a professor about life, experience, achievements, and plans for the future.
- Write about Christian groups and church organizations in college. Their work and importance.
- The problem of accepting the leaders in Christian groups. Contradiction and misunderstanding in religious aspects of belief.
- Homecoming traditions at your campus.
- The emblem, motto and the song of your campus. Their meaning, origin, and importance for students.
- Write about the history a significance of statues in your college.
- Dwell upon the history and importance of the oldest buildings on your campus.
- College students being involved in after-school tutorial activities. The valuable tips.
- The problems of international students during the adaptation in a college in another country. Advantages and disadvantages.
- Keeping your room clean and the ways to preserve it tidy all the time.
- How to create a perfect relationship with your roommate and live in harmony?
- What do students eat on campus? Description of food choice.
- Write about sorority and fraternity and their role in college life.
- Getting proper exercises in college.
- How to make friends with your roommate.
- Being annoyed by the neighbors and the ways of getting such situation right.
- Helping a friend who failed to make the right decisions in college.
- Describe the technique of getting ready for the lesson in 15 minutes.
- Write about the peculiarities of being a student that came from a different part of the country.
- Dwell upon the notable events in your college’s stadium history.
- Changes in your college during the time of its history.
- The favorite places in your college. Their history, popularity, traditions connected with them and the importance for the college life.
- Create a guide for looking for a proper place to study on a campus.
- Write about how to get rid of procrastination habit.
- Keeping in touch with your family while being away from home.
- An honors program that is unknown to most of the students you study with.
- Compare effective studying techniques vs. ineffective ones.
Work and career
- Describe the best café to get together with your fellow students.
- Write about duties of a Starbucks barista.
- Why are the customers always right?
- High school 4-0H experience and why it is useful in building your future.
- The importance of ROTC or Air Force ROTC for your life and career in the future.
- Create a guide with for becoming a doctor, dentist or a speech therapist.
- The routines and work of a medical specialist. What difficulties and advantages such profession has. What are the disadvantages of it?
- Write about the way a fashion designer work on the new collection.
- Think about the role of a buyer in a big department store.
- How to become a pilot in an airline company?
- Dwell upon the essence of a fashion designer work.
- Interviewing research scientists: Finding out the main aims of their work.
- How do the teachers get ready for their lessons?
- The routine work of a lawyer or a judge. The way they prepare for a day at the office.
- Write about the work of an accountant, the difficulties, and peculiarities of such work.
- The way funeral homes work. The key aspects of dealing with the human grief.
- Write about fast food restaurant work experience and the tips to do it well.
- Describe stocking, storing and selling products in a grocery store.
- Explain the difficulties and advantages of working as a waiter or a waitress.
- Create a non-profit organization work guide.
- The common aspects of working as an electrician, a maid or a plumber.
- Having an annoying partner at work and the ways to fix such relationships.
- Think about what one should do if your boss is a monster.
- Being a successful salesman: The art of selling things to people.
- How to make people appreciate the importance of money and time?
- Explaining the meaning of a religious ceremony to people who are unfamiliar with it.
- Write about the difficulties of being a homeless person and the essence of working with such people.
- History of the old building in your city and their importance for a community.
- Dwelling upon the day of an excessive smoker. What disadvantages this bad habit has?
- 4-H competition in showing animals.
- Write about the importance of having good friends and the way of getting them close.
- Write about self-defense for women and the best ways to use it effectively.
- The main peculiarities of different musical genres such as Rap, Metal, Punk or Dance Music.
- Cataclysms and natural disasters. How do they change the face of towns and cities?
- The ways to revitalize your hometown.
- Tell about remarkable locations in your town or college. Why do people still remember them?
- Create an essay about your visit to a museum and your impressions from it.
- Describe a famous event from the past, tell about it in details and explain why people should remember it.
- How to investigate a murder? The necessary steps for homicide cases.
- Write about the way the autopsy is performed. What are the peculiarities of such procedure?
The sources to find the proper material
In fact, you will manage to create a great essay if you choose its topic correctly. It should be exciting and evoke certain passion in you. It is tough to write a good essay if you are not fascinated about the topic you have chosen. There are plenty of ways to get the information required for your essay. There are some sources below, that will help you to find it. Or at least, with their help, your research and creativity will be directed the right way.
Observing everything with your own eyes
In case you write about something that is possible to observe in real life, go and see it with your own eyes. Try to remember the smell, the look, and your own emotions from seeing the things that inspired you to writing essay. It is an important aspect if you want to create a truly passionate work. In case you have no understanding of the things you write about, your chances to write a good paper will be much lower.
Interviewing the right people
If you have an opportunity to interview people who are more experienced in the topic of your essay than you, you should take your chance to talk to them about it. The amount of information you may receive from them will make your essay more interesting and reliable as it will contain a professional's opinion. People tend to trust the papers created with the help of well-known specialists. If there is a possibility to involve such a person in the process of creating of your work, you should use it.
Relying on your own experience
It is much better to investigate the topic of your essay yourself. If you write about a historical building – go and visit it. If you write about a music genre – listen to its most famous representatives. Base your essay on your own feelings, thoughts, and experiences to make it more impressive.
Surfing the Internet
There are hundreds of various channels online that dwell upon particular topics that may be connected to the creation of your essay. Watch the best of them and try to catch the sparkles of the right information that can be useful for your work. Even a short video can be inspiring in your work on the topic.