120 Evaluation Essay Topics For College
What Is the Purpose of an Evaluation Essay?
An evaluation essay reveals whether or not something is of good quality. An evaluation can cover various topics, like movies, restaurants, products or sporting events.
Here are the main types of subjects:
- Sporting events
- Films, theatrical performances and television shows
- Analyse the performance of your best-loved sports team throughout the latest season. Did they manage to live up to the initial expectations?
- Analyse the dissimilarity between attending a live sporting event and watching it on the television screen.
- Come up with a comparative assessment of watching a sporting event in a pub vs. watching it at home.
- Evaluate the experience of watching a sporting event by yourself, as opposed to watching it with other people.
- Talk about the way in which tailgating before a soccer match augments the experience of attending that event. Assess the experience of tailgating at a soccer match for your favorite team.
- Think about the supporters at a sports game. What kind of supporters do you generally encounter? Talk about the way in which the supporters’ deeds augment or trivialize the experience of the sporting event.
- Evaluate the cuisine at a sports establishment. Describe the finest meal one can buy. Talk about the way in which the food influences the experience of attending the sporting event.
- Examine the accomplishments of a particular member of a sports team. Establish whether the player is overrated or underrated.
- Assess a present-day celebrity of soccer, baseball, basketball or a different type of sport. Talk about the way in which that celebrity influences the supporters, the accomplishments of the entire team or the profits they make.
- Assess the regulations and organization of the playoff frame for your favorite sport. Check if such regulations preserve the competitiveness of each team. Do they struggle to maintain the interest of their supporters? Do they tend to the concerns of the sport in its entirety?
- Assess a high school, college or professional soccer team from your hometown. Talk about the significance of soccer for the locals. Describe the manner in which soccer brings a sense of achievement to the community as a whole. Present the way in which the prestige of soccer influences the players’ daily life.
- Assess the manner in which the school soccer team in your hometown is managed. Establish whether the coaching is beneficial or detrimental to the players when it comes to different aspects of their lives. Are team members pressured to play when sustaining wounds? Is the methodology for selecting the players an adequate one?
- Analyse the coaching of your most-liked soccer or basketball team throughout the previous season. Alternatively, evaluate a team in which new coaching has been implemented.
- Evaluate the sports that elementary school pupils can sign up for in your hometown. Alternatively, opt for a single sport to evaluate. Which sport is the best suited for elementary-aged pupils?
- Present the finest club sports team one can sign up with in your community. Discuss the reasons why it can be regarded as the finest club team for members and families.
- Evaluate the football program for children in your community.
- Assess at least one dance studio from your hometown. Alternatively, make a comparison between 2 different programs. Discuss whether or not the program is managed adequately. Are the prices acceptable? Is the training suitable for the age of the participants? Do they offer options for performing or enrolling in contests?
- Evaluate a gymnastics program. Alternatively, make a comparison between 2 distinct programs. Determine the age groups or competence degrees that the program is suitable for. Talk about the abilities that can be acquired. Are the tools of quality? Is the coaching good? Can participants enlist in contests? Are the prices acceptable?
- Analyse swimming as a sport. Make comparisons between swimming and team sporting events. Discuss the benefits of swimming. How can it be compared in regards to engagement and training?
- Analyse the experience of engaging in the sport of lacrosse or rugby throughout your high school or university years.
- Make a comparison between the experience of engaging in a sporting event and that of being a spectator of the same type of event.
- Analyse female basketball and compare it to male basketball.
- Examine the experience of participating in or training for a long-distance running race. Discuss the reasons why marathons have gained so much popularity.
- Analyse a triathlon or Ironman racing competition from the perspective of a contestant or that of a spectator. Talk about the reasons why these competitions are so interesting. Why do people feel so engaged to take part in these races?
- Evaluate the experience of being a part of an unofficial team (for instance, an intermural team) as opposed to competitive playing. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of a lower level of rivalry.
- Make a comparison between engaging in a pick-up game in an informal environment and playing the same game in a more official context.
- Assess tennis as a sport, a modern tennis championship or the best tennis players of today.
- Evaluate golf as a sport and talk about what makes it different from other sports. Why is golf so popular nowadays? Why are celebrities such as Tiger Woods so important to golf as a whole?
- Analyse competitive cheerleading: talk about the reasons for which it is different from sideline cheerleading.
- Assess the significance of academic grants in what regards university athletics programs.
- Analyse the manner in which Title 9 has evolved and keeps on impacting sports programs.
- Analyse the discrepancy between watching a team sporting event and watching a solo sporting event such as gymnastics, swimming or golf.
- Appraise the sport of skateboarding, surfing or snowboarding from the perspective of a contestant or that of a watcher. Analyse the way in which such sports have advanced.
- Discuss the impact of ESPN on sporting events.
- Evaluate the coverage of the latest Olympiad.
Films, Television, Music Performances, Theatrical Performances
Any Type of Show Can Constitute an Adequate Topic
Have you ever gone through the critical reviews for a film and realized that they were more enjoyable than the film itself? Evaluations of films, television series, live music performances or plays may be either serious or sarcastic. The critical review of a lousy film may be regarded as an awesome piece of writing. The subjects presented below deal with films for the most part. Nevertheless, you may also be able to use our ideas to review a different type of production. Keep in mind that, if you are involved in a show, you can always analyze that experience!
- Analyse the way in which a popular romantic film depicts contemporary romanticism.
- Assess a classic romantic film and talk about its ideas regarding the functions of men and women throughout that era.
- Make a comparison between a modern and a classic romantic film. Establish which of the two movies is the best one.
- Review an action adventure movie and talk about the reasons why it’s popular.
- Review a war film and establish whether or not it aids in responding to present-day military conflicts and/or peace.
- Review a historical movie and analyze the way in which it portrays history by making use of drama, background, and clothing.
- Analyse the way in which a movie inspired by true events resembles actual historical situations.
- Evaluate a classic musical. Talk about the reasons why it was well-liked or disliked.
- Review a drama movie and discuss whether or not that dramatic event is depicted efficiently.
- Analyse a film that is inspired by a certain book. Consider whether or not the film stays true to the original story. Is the film better than the book?
- Review a sequel. Does it bring something new and innovative to the story? Or does it simply replay the original movie?
- Review a foreign movie. Talk about the way in which the movie depicts the cultural heritage of its country.
- Evaluate the work of a film songwriter. Talk about the way in which your chosen songwriter adjusts to distinct movies.
- Make a comparison between an animation film and the actual events on which it is based. Determine which medium is more efficient for portraying that kind of narrative.
- Draft a review of a remake of a classic or foreign movie. Describe the way in which the original plot is adapted. Which movie is better? The original or the remake?
- Evaluate a film star’s performance in various movies. Discuss the manner in which they adjust to distinct roles. Talk about the type of character that is the most suitable for their personality.
- Analyse various movies directed by the same person. Discuss the insight brought by that person to each production. Talk about the message the director is trying to convey.
- Evaluate the special effects in various modern-day films. What renders them efficient or inefficient? Do you feel that certain movies use special effects for the sole purpose of showing off and fail to advance the story? Do you regard this as an issue?
- Review a movie for kids. Establish the message it attempts to transmit to children. Does the movie have a positive impact? Is that significant?
- Review a G or PG-rated movie. Discuss the manner in which it attempts to engage grown-ups and kids alike. Is the movie efficient in captivating people of all ages?
- Make a comparison between a live music performance that you’ve recently attended and other live gigs by the same band or their recorded albums.
- Make a comparison between attending a small private music performance and going to a large-scale music event. In this evaluation essay, you should focus on the experience of attending instead of analyzing the band’s songs.
- Make a comparison between two different versions of the same theatrical or music performance. One may frequently come across distinct versions of a theatrical performance, music gig, dance show or a different type of production on the internet.
- Attend a ballet show or an orchestra production. Discuss the quality of the performance. This may be a particularly fascinating evaluation essay topic if you have been involved in the performance.
- Are you part of the performance? Evaluate your own group’s execution or analyze the experience of being involved in a live music performance, a theatrical show, a band, a chorus or an orchestra.
Drafting a Film Review
When critiquing a film, television show or play, you must initially establish:
- Its genre (documentary, action adventure, drama, comedy, romantic comedy, musical, historical, etc.)
- The characteristics of this type of performance
- The most illustrative example of this type of performance
- How the production you wish to review compares to the most illustrative example
Determine evaluation criteria
: Criteria represent the segments or features of the show that you are going to discuss in your paper. As a rule, you must determine at least three or four evaluation criteria, like:
- Characters, execution, selection of performers, as well as the chemistry between performers.
- The background, stage property, and animation.
- The plot, lines, and action.
- Special effects, sonority, lights, camerawork, and soundtrack.
- Is the movie you are reviewing a sequel? If so, does it correspond well to the previous films in the series?
- Has the director worked on any similar films so far? In which way can they be compared to the one you’re reviewing?
- Have the actors played any similar characters before starring in this movie?
Dining is a great hobby for Americans. Restaurant evaluation essays adopt a direct approach. Drafting one is quite simple. As a rule, you should use the following criteria:
- The ambiance and the feeling instilled by the venue.
- The cuisine and its flavor.
- The service as a whole.
- The cost and worth.
- The overall experience or enjoyment.
- The decorations, nuances, and design.
- The waiting times.
- Evaluate your favorite fast food or make a comparison between two notorious hamburger venues.
- Evaluate a steakhouse based on the way how you’ve felt after being served a special meal.
- Make a comparison between the “homelike” cuisine at a dining saloon such as Denny’s and the culinary selection of a fast food joint.
- Visit a pizzeria for takeaway or use their delivery service and evaluate the taste, the quality of the service and whether or not the pizza is still warm when you get it.
- Nowadays a lot of supermarkets provide a vast array of pre-cooked meals. Visit such a supermarket, check the menu and order something. Is the food there better than the one they serve at a fast food joint? Check the list of ingredients. Are these pre-cooked items healthier? Do they cost less?
- Estimate the cost of an ordinary fast food meal at various venues in the proximity of the campus. Which establishment provides the best prices for a university student who’s low on money?
- Do you wish to take someone out on a date? Go to a fancy restaurant and order something from the menu. Did you enjoy the experience?
- Have you ever been part of the staff in a restaurant? Analyse the experience of being a restaurant employee compared to that of being a customer of the same establishment.
- Go to Starbucks or a different coffee house. Discuss the reasons why people love these establishments so much.
- What are the attributes of an awesome Mexican meal? Review your best-loved Mexican establishment. Talk about the reasons why eating a Mexican meal is an unmatched experience.
- Certain restaurants attempt to offer their customers an original experience in addition to the usual menu. Review one such “experience” restaurant and discuss the reasons why it is or isn’t a good idea.
- Do you know of any original, local establishment that offers low-priced, tasty cuisine? Go to that place and talk about the features that make it so popular. In case there is more than one such venue in your area, you can make comparisons and establish which one is the best.
- The majority of restaurant evaluations are published when a new business is launched. Do you know of any new restaurant in your area? Go there, order something, and ponder on the experience. Does the restaurant provide a unique experience?
- Do you love any specific food more than anything else? Whether you love seafood, shawarma or fried chicken, visit more restaurants that offer your favorite food and decide which of them is the best.
- Do you love donuts? Talk about the best donut shop in your area. Explain the reasons that make it the best. Make a comparison between this donut shop and other places where you can get donuts.
- Review the most recent edition of your favorite mobile phone. Explain its advantages compared to the previous versions.
- Evaluate various similar programs and establish which one offers the best features. Which app is the simplest one?
- Evaluate the most recent laptop, PC or tablet. Describe the characteristics that would render it a great acquisition for students.
- Assess the distinct methods that can be used to transfer information from a smartphone to a PC and establish which one works best.
- Make comparisons between different phone plans and determine which company provides the best deals for students.
- Review a popular social media platform. Talk about its users, its most attractive features, and its benefits compared to other platforms.
- Analyse the manner in which social media platforms have influenced social interactions in your circle.
- Analyze the influence social media has exerted on family life. Has it rendered families more powerful?
- Analyze the current tendency in 3D films. Has this moviemaking method augmented your cinema experience?
- Analyze the dissimilarity between watching a film at the cinema and watching it at home.
- Evaluate the experience of playing video games on distinct platforms. Determine which gaming experience is the most enjoyable.
- Evaluate the significance of playing video games in high school or university. Is this activity beneficial or detrimental to students?
- Analyze the manner in which people from distinct age groups use technology.
- Analyze the use of technology in your high school or university. Alternatively, assess the manner in which technology is used in a primary school in your area.
- Assess digital textbooks. Make a comparison between digital and traditional textbooks.
- Evaluate the efficiency of using media and technology in schools. Do videos, websites, PowerPoint shows, and other media tools make for a way of enhancing teaching?
- Analyze the existing regulations regarding the use of mobile phones by drivers. Determine the regulations that work best for preventing accidents.
- Evaluate the way in which you use technology throughout your daily life. Does technology improve your existence?
- Analyze the influence smartphones and other technological innovations have exerted on social behavior. Discuss the elements that have been modified. Is this beneficial or detrimental?
- Assess the influence technological innovations have exerted on the music industry.
- Evaluate a charter, army, boarding, private, Catholic or Classical educational institution and compare it to a public institution.
- Make a comparison between the SAT and the ACT exams.
- Think about the efficiency of year-round educational institutions.
- Assess the manner in which your school deals with bullies.
- Evaluate the fine arts classes organized by a high school (or a particular feature of these classes).
- Analyze the efficiency of nationwide examination programs.
- Appraise learning software for kids. Compare the efficiency of software to that of traditional textbooks.
- Think of the efficiency of programs that attempt to persuade students to use condoms, steer clear of drunk driving and say no to drugs. Which of these programs is the most efficient?
- Evaluate the student leadership of an organization you belonged to. Discuss the most efficient way in which students can be trained in leadership skills.
- Evaluate a coaching program. Is it beneficial to students? Alternatively, evaluate a peer training program and discuss whether or not it is useful.
Finally, remember that an evaluation is not always a critique. You are not supposed to turn a blind eye to the disadvantages of the thing/event you are reviewing; but at the same time, you cannot be overly critical. Try to keep an open mind, be objective and make sure to justify all of your statements.