The topics of Rogerian arguments are different from those which we get used to writing various types of essays. Their point is to involve the opponent of the speaker into a debate and to encourage them to negotiate. Actually, Rogerian rhetoric can be considered as a peculiar version of the democratic debate.
It may seem that a Rogerian topic presupposes the only point of view. In reality, such an argument is aimed at finding common ground. That is why it is essential to choose a Rogerian debate topic right. You should know how to create an essay outline. Here are some topic options helpful for captivating Rogerian argument:
- Products Shouldn’t Be Tested on Animals.
- It Is allowable to Test Products on Animals.
- Smoking in Public Has to Be Banned.
- Smoking in Public Has to Be Permitted.
- Teenage Pregnancy Can Be Prevented by Using Condoms.
- Teenage Pregnancy Cannot Be Prevented by Using Condoms.
- School Education Is to Be Aimed at Developing Creativity.
- School Education Is to Be Aimed at Memorizing Information.
- Modern Society Needs Death Penalty to Be Banned.
- Modern Society Needs Death Penalty to Be Allowed.
- The Educational System Requires the Traditional Approach to the Curriculum.
- The Curriculum Has to Include E-Learning.
- The US Federal Law Has to State English as the Official Language of the Country.
- There Is No Need to Make English an Official Language of the Country in the US Federal Law.
- It is Acceptable to Euthanize People.
- It is Unacceptable to Euthanize People.
- The Curriculum Has to Include Evolution Studies.
- The Curriculum Does Not Have to Include Evolution Studies.
- Every Citizen Should Be Allowed to Own a Gun.
- It Is Dangerous to Allow Every Citizen to Own a Gun.
- The Set Limit of Minimum Legal Drinking Age Has to Remain 21 years.
- The Set Limit of Minimum Legal Drinking Age Can Be Lowered to 16 years.
- Children Cannot Be Involved in Trading Relations.
- Same-sex Marriages Are Ethically Wrong.
- Forbidding Same-sex Marriages Is Ethically Wrong.
- It Is Reasonable to Let Teenagers Make Decisions.
- It Is Not Reasonable to Let Teenagers Make Decisions.
- One Cannot Censor the Information on the Web.
- The Government Has to Censor the Information on the Web.
- Therapeutic Use of Cannabis Is to Be Legalized.
- Therapeutic Use of Cannabis Is Not to Be Legalized.
- The Government Has to Implement Two-Child Policy.
- The Government Should Not Implement Two-Child Policy.
- Sixteen-year-olds Should Be Allowed to Vote at the National Elections.
- The Age Limit for Voting at the National Elections Should Remain Unchanged.
As it is clear from the topics above, Rogerian rhetoric is a great example of free speech experience. A statement form makes a speaker defend his or her point, although the ultimate goal is to find a consensus. Free speech is not a controversial issue – it is a hundred percent human right! However, it may cost one a lot to exercise it. A lot of journalists get killed. Their number increases annually and is about to hit 150 a year. To draw the public attention to these drastic statistics, we celebrate World Press Freedom Day on the 3d of May.
If you are in search for steps to writing a dissertation you can discover our blog further.