35 Rogerian Essay Topics
The topics of Rogerian arguments are different from those which we get used to writing various types of essays. Their point is to involve the opponent of the speaker into a debate and to encourage them to negotiate. Actually, Rogerian rhetoric can be considered as a peculiar version of the democratic debate.
It may seem that a Rogerian topic presupposes the only point of view. In reality, such an argument is aimed at finding common ground. That is why it is essential to choose a Rogerian debate topic right. Here are some topic options helpful for captivating Rogerian argument:
- Products Shouldn’t Be Tested on Animals.
- It Is allowable to Test Products on Animals.
- Smoking in Public Has to Be Banned.
- Smoking in Public Has to Be Permitted.
- Teenage Pregnancy Can Be Prevented by Using Condoms.
- Teenage Pregnancy Cannot Be Prevented by Using Condoms.
- School Education Is to Be Aimed at Developing Creativity.
- School Education Is to Be Aimed at Memorizing Information.
- Modern Society Needs Death Penalty to Be Banned.
- Modern Society Needs Death Penalty to Be Allowed.
- The Educational System Requires the Traditional Approach to the Curriculum.
- The Curriculum Has to Include E-Learning.
- The US Federal Law Has to State English as the Official Language of the Country.
- There Is No Need to Make English an Official Language of the Country in the US Federal Law.
- It is Acceptable to Euthanize People.
- It is Unacceptable to Euthanize People.
- The Curriculum Has to Include Evolution Studies.
- The Curriculum Does Not Have to Include Evolution Studies.
- Every Citizen Should Be Allowed to Own a Gun.
- It Is Dangerous to Allow Every Citizen to Own a Gun.
- The Set Limit of Minimum Legal Drinking Age Has to Remain 21 years.
- The Set Limit of Minimum Legal Drinking Age Can Be Lowered to 16 years.
- Children Cannot Be Involved in Trading Relations.
- Same-sex Marriages Are Ethically Wrong.
- Forbidding Same-sex Marriages Is Ethically Wrong.
- It Is Reasonable to Let Teenagers Make Decisions.
- It Is Not Reasonable to Let Teenagers Make Decisions.
- One Cannot Censor the Information on the Web.
- The Government Has to Censor the Information on the Web.
- Therapeutic Use of Cannabis Is to Be Legalized.
- Therapeutic Use of Cannabis Is Not to Be Legalized.
- The Government Has to Implement Two-Child Policy.
- The Government Should Not Implement Two-Child Policy.
- Sixteen-year-olds Should Be Allowed to Vote at the National Elections.
- The Age Limit for Voting at the National Elections Should Remain Unchanged.
As it is clear from the topics above, Rogerian rhetoric is a great example of free speech experience. A statement form makes a speaker defend his or her point, although the ultimate goal is to find a consensus. Free speech is not a controversial issue – it is a hundred percent human right! However, it may cost one a lot to exercise it. A lot of journalists get killed. Their number increases annually and is about to hit 150 a year. To draw the public attention to these drastic statistics, we celebrate World Press Freedom Day on the 3d of May.