If you want a recruiter to take the time to read through your CV or resume, you need to start with an engaging cover letter to highlight your qualifications and skills. Use our accountant cover letter example and practical tips to make sure your cover letter gets the attention you want.
- Do frame your letter in terms of what you could bring to the position, rather than focusing on the benefits the job holds for you.
- Don’t focus too much on your education beyond mentioning any accounting credentials required by the company or state licensing officials.
- Do use metrics whenever possible to indicate how your accounting skills have benefited previous employers.
- Don’t apologize if you don’t meet all the requirements in the job description, such as knowledge of specific financial software; instead, highlight your marketable soft skills and showcase your talent for learning new material.
- Do create a customized cover letter for each company to which you are applying and indicate how your strong accounting skills can support the company’s mission.
- Don’t be so technical in your writing that only another accountant could understand your achievements and skills.
Accountants help keep track of business transactions including purchases, sales and receipts. An accountant plays an essential role in any number of businesses and organizations. The accountant cover letter examples we’ve included below are specific to accounting positions. They’ve been designed as a guide to help you craft a winning cover letter of your own. Choose from multiple design templates, and customize your cover letter to fit your needs. Click on any of the cover letter examples below to get started!
Cover Letter Tips for Accountant
With a few helpful tips, looking for jobs as a Accountant can be made so much easier. Many people are unaware of the vast number of resources available to them to aid them in their job search, so review everything to have the best chance:
1. You should develop a solid plan aside from just applying to every job in sight. If you currently have a job, develop a plan of applying for so many jobs each day. If you are out of work, try to find some kind of temporary employment to help you out while you search.
2. Go to job fairs and ask around your personal network to see which companies are currently hiring.
3. Schedule information interviews with people in the field you want to get into. These interviews will not necessarily lead to a job, but they can be extremely helpful in figuring out what you need to do in order to receive a position.
4. Talk to people every day about how your job hunt is going. You never know when someone knows of something that just popped up.
5. Utilize all your options to find job openings. There are plenty of online resources, but you can find some good stuff by going through your local newspaper.
Accountant Job Seeking Tips
Your cover letter is arguably the most important tool you have when searching for jobs as a Accountant. Here are a few tips and tricks to ensure that your cover letter catches the attention of possible employers:
1. Before you send your cover letter to a business, make sure that there are no misspellings or grammatical errors. Have someone else read your cover letter for you just to make sure everything is correct.
2. Present education and work experience in reverse chronological order. That means starting with the most recent and working backwards.
3. Do not put your references on your cover letter. If you are asked for references, that information should be presented on a separate paper.
4. Make sure you include contact information at the top of your cover letter so a hiring manager will be able to reach you.
5. If you have a lot of experience, then your cover letter can be two pages long. Generally speaking, you do not want to go much longer than that.