Published: Tuesday 30th of January 2018; Words Count: 1250
A great cover letter can be a fantastic tool to get your foot in the proverbial door with a potential employer. With just a few well-worded sentences, you can easily show your value as a worker. Take a look at our part time overnight freight associate cover letter example and our list of do’s and don’ts to get an idea of how to craft your own cover letter to help you stand out from the crowd.
Looking for a part time overnight freight associates position? YouÃÂ¢ÂÂll need a strong sales background, a flexible schedule, and the right cover letter. WeÃÂ¢ÂÂve created these cover letter examples specifically for part time overnight freight associates to help you in creating your own job-winning cover letter. Just click on one of the cover letter examples below, and adjust as necessary to customize and personalize your cover letter to meet your needs.
Finding jobs as a Part Time Overnight Freight Associate isn’t always easy, but when you take the right actions it can be much easier. Use these tips to help you make the right decisions throughout your job search:
1. Rely on your network. Talk to the people that you know in order to hear about more job opportunities. Use your network to get in touch with hiring managers, learn about certain career fields and practice your interview skills.
2. Rely on the internet. Many companies post their job openings on their own website and on online job posting sites. You can also use social media to get connected with potential employers. Using the internet will help you become aware of a wide variety of opportunities, while making it easy to get in touch with employers.
3. Pound the pavement. While you do want to use the internet, you should not underestimate the power of going to companies in person. This will help the employer put a face to a name, and it will show that you are really interested in the position.
4. Set daily or weekly goals. Because the job search can take a while, it is easy to get discouraged. Ward off discouragement by setting goals that you can achieve while you look for jobs. These goals can include contacting a certain number of potential employers in a day or applying to so many jobs each week.
5. Stay persistent. Be persistent in your communication with hiring managers until you get a definitive answer. Persistently check job postings, go to job fairs and talk with your network.
One way you can ensure success as you search for jobs as a Part Time Overnight Freight Associate is by polishing your cover letter. Follow these tips to make sure you include the best information on your cover letter:
1. Include a website, the city and state you live in, a phone number and an email address as contact information.
2. Concisely summarize your experience, skills and personality traits in a summary section towards the top of your document.
3. Discuss your accomplishments throughout your experience section in order to make it more than a job description.
4. List your education information in order of importance to the employer: name of degree in major, university name, city and state of the university, year of graduation, minor and possibly GPA.
5. Avoid including unnecessary information, such as your hobbies, family information, political views, religious affiliations or controversial information.