As an accounts payable specialist, your skills are in demand, and employers across almost every industry are urgently searching for candidates with your combination of proven abilities and personal traits. Use your resume to highlight your professional background, your education credentials, your certifications and your on-the-job accomplishments. Start with a summary that highlights the overlap between what you have and what your employers need. Then divide the rest of your document into subheadings for education, experience, and specialized skills. Don’t forget to include your software proficiencies and management training. Use this accounts payable specialist resume example to guide your formatting and language decisions.
Traditional Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
No Experience Accounts Payable Specialist Resume
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Accounts Payable Specialist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Accounts Payable Specialist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
Want to use this resume?
Create My Resume
Accounts Payable Specialist dedicated to ensuring all bills are paid on time. Proven ability to complete booking and tax preparation tasks that will be used by accountants and other specialists to analyze business operations.
- Financial reporting
- Record-keeping software
- Transaction recording
- Cost-savings analyst
- Spreadsheet input
4/1/2013 – Present
Cunningham’s Tax Services
Los Angeles, CA
- Stay up-to-date on al l tax laws on the local state and federal level and ensured compliance with those laws through tax preparation.
- Use automated software to fill out forms and consult tax tables to ensure appropriate amount of taxes are paid.
- Prepare tax returns for clients ensuring that any eligible deductions or exemptions are taken.Bookkeeping August 2012 – May 2013 University of California Business Department – Monterey CA
- Posted transactions and journal entries to ledger accounts and checked them for accuracy and errors making any corrections necessary.
- Scheduled meetings with departmental officials for students and prospective students wishing to obtain more information about department programs.
- Printed receipts and invoices and ensured that all payments were made and received on time.
High School Diploma
XXXX – XXXX
New Parkland High School
New Parkland, CA
Create My Resume
Job-seeking Tips for Accounts Payable Specialist
As a jobseeker, your ability to find jobs as a accounts payable specialist will be strongly influenced by your willingness to take the right actions. Regardless of what part of the country you reside in, having a concrete job search plan can go a long way. Here are some tips for finding jobs as a accounts payable specialist and the surrounding area.
1. During periods of unemployment, many jobseekers find themselves faced with endless amounts of free time. You can use this time to learn new skills or research the job market.
2. Planning ahead can drastically improve your chances of finding employment. Work with a career coach to create a cohesive plan for finding a job, or simply create one on your own. Either way, a plan will help you remain focused and motivated.
3. Boosting your social media presence is a great way to increase your chances of finding a job. Our society is becoming increasingly reliant upon the internet, and many companies are turning to social media to find prospective employees.
4. No one wants to be blindsided during an interview, so you should brush up on your interview skills. Make a list of commonly asked questions, and practice crafting the appropriate response. You can enlist the help of a friend or family member for this exercise.
5. For many jobseekers, self-employment may seem like a pipe dream. This can be true in many cases, but if you possess marketable skills or expertise, you may want to consider creating your own job.
Resume Tips for Accounts Payable Specialist
No matter what part of the country you live in, submitting a stellar resume is wonderful way to attract career opportunities. Regardless of your industry, you should always attempt to write the best resume possible. The following tips will help you create a resume that will impress even the most discerning hiring manager.
1. Using a unique format and layout is a great way to stand out from the crowd. No one wants to create a “cookie-cutter” resume, and writing your own resume from scratch can help you avoid this.
2. You should always include important contact information on your resume. This includes your name, phone number, geographic location, and e-mail address. Make sure that you only include one phone number “â this will eliminate any potential confusion.
3. Avoid overused or robotic phrases such as “responsible for” or “duties included. ” This will only make your resume sound uninteresting and bland. Always attempt to use more emotionally-charged language.
4. Your information should always be organized using bullets. This makes the resume more reader-friendly and concise.
5. Never overwhelm the reader with unnecessary or irrelevant information. Remaining focused will help make your resume more informative and professional, and excessive information will only distract readers from more important things.