Published: Sunday 4th of February 2018; Words Count: 1650
Writing a cover letter may not be an exciting process, but it will either help or hinder your goal of landing a job interview. When written well, cover letters give hiring managers key information about your knowledge, skills and experience. If you need a little help crafting an impressive document, refer to our satellite TV installer cover letter example and learn from our practical list of do’s and don’ts.
Are you interested in a professional career as a satellite TV installer? With the increased popularity of satellite TV, these specialized professionals are in higher demand than ever. To win a job in this industry, a solid cover letter is important. Our cover letter examples are the best starting point to create your own cover letter. Just click on any of the cover letter examples below to see what a satellite TV installer cover letter should look like!
If you’re looking for jobs as a Satellite TV Installer, you’ll want to put to use a certain set of job seeking skills. The tips below should help keep you on track during this important process.
1. Stay positive. Having a positive mindset will help you enormously in keeping everything in perspective and remembering that your unemployment is only temporary. You could always join a support group to connect with others in the same situation.
2. Find a part time gig. If you’re worried about financial stresses associated with unemployment, you can find a part time gig for income. Also, you never know where these opportunities could lead.
3. Make a plan. Set goals for yourself that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. Doing so is a highly effective way of maximizing your time and your productivity.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to any personal or professional contacts that might be able to offer insight into the current job market. Their advice and time will be of great value, and you never know where the next job lead is coming from.
5. Make use of social media. Use websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. Keep in mind that employers also use these sites to find out more about potential applicants.
When it comes to finding jobs as a Satellite TV Installer, you’ll want to think of your cover letter as your calling card. Make sure that your cover letter makes the best first impression of you possible with the tips below.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. Unless you’re a doctor or academic who may need to use curricula vitae (CVs), there’s no need to write more than two pages. Keep your cover letter writing relevant and concise.
2. Do align the text flush left and make use of bullet points whenever necessary. These two simple formatting tips will significantly improve the clarity of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Overly-used phrases such as Âhard working” and Âteam player” should be avoided because they detract from the originality of your tone.
4. Do introduce your work history section with a ÂSummary of Skills” section. This offers your reader with an overview of your qualifications.
5. Do list your work history in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.