Published: Tuesday 13th of June 2017; Words Count: 1400
If you are interested in a career as a part-time merchandiser retail representative, a brand new resume will help you land the job you want. Merchandiser retail reps are responsible for selling to retail accounts, so you must call attention to any and all of your sales and retail experience in your resume. This professional also thrives when they possess qualities such as persistence and a focus on customer service. Outline these qualities and any others that have served you well in your sales career to stand out from the competition. Need more ideas? Use our merchandiser retail representative part time resume example for inspiration.
Merchandiser retail representative part time professionals are responsible for selling to retail accounts. They should be driven, persistent, and custom service-focused–and have a great resume. That’s where our sales-oriented resume examples can help. Use the resume examples below as a starting point, and adapt the text to meet your needs. With a better resume, you’ll have a better chance of landing the merchandiser retail representative part time job you want, faster.
If you’re looking for jobs as a merchandiser retail representative part time, it is important to put to use the most effective job seeking skills. The tips below should help keep you on track during your search.
1. Stay positive. Keeping a positive mindset throughout the process will remind you to keep things in perspective. Your unemployment is only temporary, and you never know where the next lead could come from.
2. Get creative in your job search. While you may have had your sights set on a particular field, it can’t hurt to look into other options. Attend lectures or job fairs and get to know the options in the area.
3. Set goals for yourself. One of the best ways to maximize your productivity is to set goals that can be accomplished on a daily or weekly basis. For instance, you might try to send out a certain number of resumes per week.
4. Connect with your network. Don’t hesitate to reach out to personal or professional contacts that could help provide insight into the job market. Any advice will be valuable.
5. Make a presence on social media. Use Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to expand your network. These websites also help potential employers access your professional profile.
When it comes to finding jobs as a merchandiser retail representative part time, you will want to think of your resume as your calling card. Be sure your resume stands apart from the others with the following tips.
1. Don’t exceed two pages. With the exception of doctors and academics, there’s no need to write more than two pages. Keep your resume writing concise and relevant.
2. Do align the text flush left and use bullet points for listing items. These two formatting tricks will immediately improve the clarity and organization of your writing.
3. Don’t rely on generic language. Overly used phrases such as “hard working” and “team players” won’t contribute much to the individuality of your writing. Always use unique and descriptive language.
4. Do introduce your work history with a “Summary of Skills” section. This offers the reader with an overview of your professional qualifications.
5. Do write your work history section in the following recommended order: title of position, employer, city and state of employer, and employment dates.