To get the job you want, deliver a great resume! To put the pedal to the metal in your job search, be sure to list all relevant delivery experience, adding detail that will make your stand our such as a clean driving record, experience with trip planning and strong time management skills. Also, include experience that could give you an edge over the competition, such as customer service experience and a valid driver’s license. Don’t forget to share your experience driving for long shifts. For more ideas, see our HUB delivery driver resume example.
Hub Delivery Driver Advice
If you’re applying for a job as a HUB delivery driver, you’ll need the proper licensing, a good driving record and a professional resume. The resume examples below will show you what a good resume for a HUB delivery driver should look like. Use the resume examples as a model in creating your own resume, and get hired sooner. Click on any of these templates to get started.
Resume Tips for Hub Delivery Driver
During a job search as a hub delivery driver or anywhere else in the United States, you need a plan of action to help you achieve your career goals. Consider these ideas to help you create your own plan.
1. Assess your skills, especially if you have been in the industry for a while. Do you need to update licenses or certifications? Could you benefit from taking classes at the local community college or from taking free online courses?
2. Network with everyone you can think of. Consider your family members, friends, neighbors and even former colleagues, bosses or professors. You never know who might have a lead.
3. Look at every option. If your current industry doesn’t have a lot of open positions, consider whether your skills would benefit you in another job in the same field or even in another industry.
4. Work toward your goal every day, even if it’s something as simple as submitting a resume. Not doing so could make it easier to become complacent in your search.
5. Always be ready. Have copies of your resume available at all times and always have an interview-appropriate outfit available in case you are called in for an interview at the last minute.
Hub Delivery Driver Job Seeking Tips
When searching for jobs as a hub delivery driver, it is necessary to have a professional resume. Use the following guidelines to help you write a better one.
1. Do keep your resume focused on your specific industry. If you plan to apply for jobs in more than one industry, you should have a separate, focused resume for each one.
2. Don’t make your resume too long or too short. Aim for between one and two pages. If the job you’re applying for requires a CV, it is ok if your resume is longer than two pages.
3. Do include enough contact information, but don’t overdo it. Provide your name, your city and state, the phone number you answer the most and one professional email address. If you have a website, it is also ok to provide one URL.
4. Don’t get too personal. Don’t write about personal details such as your marital status, children, religion or hobbies and interests. The exception would be if your hobbies or interests directly relate to your industry and provide relevant experience for you.
5. Do use bullets to provide information so the hiring manager can skim your resume for the most important information. Aim for between five and eight bullet points per experience listing.