You work in a competitive industry so to stand out you must crush the competition. Start by making it clear that you’re up to date on the latest social media technologies and trends. In your work history section, mention all relevant social media management platforms that you have used in your career. Also, add this to the skill section so that it’s easily visible to hiring managers. Your work history section should not only share your accomplishments but also provide metrics to provide a frame of reference. Look at our online marketer and social media resume example for more help.
The internet and social media is rapidly changing the way companies communicate with customers. This is creating more and more new jobs for online marketer and social media professionals. The resume examples below highlight what you should include in your online marketer and social media resume. Choose from multiple resume templates, and create your job-winning resume based on our resume examples. Get started today and give yourself a chance to get a great job in this new and fast-growing field.
When you are looking for jobs as a online marketer and social media, the search will be much better when you have the right attitude and employ the correct job-seeking skills. Use the following tips when you start your job hunt.
1. Update your resume. If it has been awhile since your last job search, make sure that you redo your resume with successes from your last job. There are many online resources that will help you so that your resume is current and will attract attention.
2. Explore career options. Make it a goal to do something every day that will help you in your search. Read career resources, professional journals, and talk about your job hunt with someone every single day.
3. Explore your options. When looking for a new job as a online marketer and social media, you have a variety of options to choose from. You can stay in the same occupation you have worked in, use your skills in a different occupation or industry, or start fresh with new skills in a new occupation.
4. Network a lot. These days finding a job is about who you know just as much as what you know. Meet new people, connect with old colleagues, go to networking events, and follow up on any lead that comes your way.
5. When finding job leads, you may need to get creative. Use job fairs, job banks, the local library, American Job Centers, and your personal network. Use online sources, contact old friends, and build up your profile on LinkedIn and similar professional networking sites.
When searching for jobs as a online marketer and social media, your resume is what can set you apart. Make sure that it is concise but correctly reflects your goals and accomplishments.
1. Make sure your resume has a sharp focus. Employers usually take an average of six seconds to look over a resume, so a hiring manager needs to see right away what you are good at and what you want to do.
2. Use bullet points and short paragraphs to help list your accomplishments. This makes it easier and quicker to read.
3. Make sure your resume isn’t longer than two pages. If you don’t have a lot of years of experience, try to keep it at one page.
4. Use resume builder resources online to help design your resume, especially if it has been awhile since your last job search.
5. Never include why you left your previous job, salary information, or personal information such as social security number, race, or marital status.