There are many distinct manners in which you can write a paper on the topic of texting and driving. Keeping your mind open at all times is always pivotal! Next, we’ll list out a couple of approaches you could opt for:
1. Use a bit of narration
Although a texting and driving essay doesn’t fall into the category of narrative essays, by using a bit of narration, you may aid the audience in acknowledging the gravity of the outcomes of this dangerous activity. To do so, you could add a few examples of situations that have happened to you or someone in your circle. While you ought to steer clear of using the first person, these examples render the essay more personal.
: The cops could have done their duty and made an arrest. However, they were so careless due to looking at their mobile phones that they ended up crashing into another vehicle. Fortunately, this particular accident had no casualties. However, there are plenty of situations in which those involved in such a crash aren’t so lucky.
2. Discuss alternative courses of action
Ponder on the reasons for which people engage in texting and driving and provide a few alternative courses of action that may prove useful.
: Rather than writing a text message themselves, drivers should ask one of the passengers in their car to do it.
3. Write something that may influence the reader
Avoid writing something senseless. Instead, list out a few of the sanctions that we ought to apply to people who text and drive.
: All drivers who text and drive ought to be obliged to pay a hefty fine of $300. If that cops or other people who are supposed to provide a public service get caught in the act, they ought to be suspended or fired from their job.
A Few Examples of Thesis Statements
Now that we’ve talked about the way in which you should approach your essay, we ought to expand on the particularities. First and foremost, you have to come up with a compelling thesis statement, made of one or two phrases. This statement has the purpose of explaining your viewpoint. You need to include in the introduction. You have to demonstrate that you are serious, so be coherent!
Take a look at the following examples:
- Seeing as texting and driving constitutes the primary factor behind fatal accidents caused by adolescents, everyone who drives ought to be more responsible and avoid using the smartphone while on the road.
- Grown-ups need to set a good example for their children by never using their phones while driving.
- The irresponsible behavior of many drivers ought to lead to more severe sanctions for texting while driving.
How to Select Your Materials
As specified earlier, your paper isn’t a narrative one. Consequently, you’ll be required to utilize a few materials to substantiate your arguments. There are a lot of online resources from which you can gather data, like the Texting and Driving Safety portal or the CDC.
The first thing to consider when selecting your materials is their trustworthiness.
This doesn’t necessarily imply that you need to take information from a governmental portal or released research (although choosing such a source is a great idea!). This solely implies that the information they provide must be verifiable.
- Do they offer a list of references?
- Do they cite released researches?
- Do they link to a trustworthy organization?
In case the response to the questions above is a positive one, you’re nearly done! However, before you can breathe easy, you need to verify if the statistical data is up to date. Texting while driving constitutes an increasing tendency. Therefore, statistical data from 2015 is no longer up to date.
Evaluating the Validity of Your Essay
Now that the rest is taken care of, you still aren’t 100% positive that your position is persuasive enough. Will the audience doubt the validity of your stance? You can avoid this if you abide by a few straightforward rules.
- Don’t be hesitant! Show that you firmly believe in your arguments! This confidence will demonstrate to your audience that you’re very familiar with the topic.
- Substantiate your arguments! Include certainties and statistics. Cite trustworthy materials. Avoid including too many figures in your paper, but utilize a sufficient number of substantiating examples. This way, your readers will never doubt the accuracy of your assertions.
Do you now feel prepared to start working on your essay? If yes, we wish you good luck!
In case after you write the paper
you want an expert to have a glance at it, send it our way! Our professional editors
can check if your essay has a good flow and provide many useful tips and recommendations.