Pro Gun Control Essay Example
In the wake of the latest mass shootings that have caused a lot of distress in the entire society, the dispute regarding gun supervision has reached its peak - and it is not going to decline anytime soon.
Is it necessary to impose gun control regulations? Is it right to allow every person to possess a weapon for the purpose of self-defense? By writing this kind of an essay
, you are able to express your point of view regarding this very pressing matter. In this article, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to write a winning gun control essay as soon as it is technically possible. We’ll show you how to come up with strong arguments and interesting titles and how to include find sources on this subject.
Make a valuable contribution to the gun control debate
You may not be aware of this, but every day 33 people die from gun-inflicted wounds in the United States alone. This statistic would be worth presenting in your paper on the topic of gun control. If you need more arguments both in favor and against firearm supervision, take a look at the lists below.
Arguments in favor of firearm control
- Anyone, who owns a firearm, can murder or wound another person, or, in the worst-case scenario, a lot of people.
- If you possess a firearm, you have a 43 times bigger chance of murdering someone in your family or your circle of friends rather than a trespasser.
- The suicide rate is five times bigger in residences in which someone owns a revolver.
Arguments in opposition to firearm control
- Firearms cannot be blamed for anyone's murder. Instead, it is other people that are responsible for such actions.
- Self-defense and hunting are legitimate reasons for possessing a firearm.
- Delinquents will still be able to harm other people, even if the law doesn’t allow them to possess a firearm.
Now that you are aware of the most important arguments for and against gun control, you can choose your own position on the subject.
A few compelling titles and innovative ideas for papers on firearm supervision
Another element that is essential to getting a high grade for your gun control paper is coming up with a compelling title. The title of your essay needs to convey your point of view and to grab your reader's attention.
Take a look at our list of examples of catchy titles both for pro- and anti-gun control essays.
Essays in favor of gun control
Essays against gun control
- A larger number of firearms amount to increased violence.
- Deviant individuals must not get their hands on firearms.
- A rectification of the Second Amendment can avert disasters.
- The Second Amendment and firearm supervision can go hand in hand.
- The narrow border between self-defense and lethal assault.
- Firearm supervision is not a solution – a proper upbringing is.
- Gun culture disinformation begins with animation films
- The responsibility of the media: crime represents a fast road to popularity.
- Firearm supervision: why not prohibit every single object that can be regarded risky?
- Delinquents do not care about firearm regulations.
The best materials to research for your gun control paper
Now that you know how to create a compelling title and how to introduce strong arguments in your gun control essay, the next step is to add references to reliable materials, such as the following:
- The official website of the National Rifle Association.
- “Guns”, a non-fiction essay written by the famous Stephen King.
- “Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide?”, a paper published by Don Kates and Gary Mauser in the reputable. Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.
If you require additional tips on how to start writing your gun control paper, read on.